Sunday, November 25, 2007

A skein a day

is going to drive me crazy.

This is the amount I have to crochet per day if I am going to get all these holiday projects done in time. Hanukah is the first week of December this year. My in-laws decided, just this week, to have the family get together on December 15th. Then there is the rest of the people who I need gifts for on the actual week of Christmas.

Top that by being sickish all this week.

This year I was very thankful that, for the first time in 8 years, Thanksgiving dinner was not at my house! I drug myself to our friends house, sat around, and fell asleep on the couch.

I am thankful for a wonderful husband who did the cooking that I was supposed to, loaded all up, and basically took care of everything, kids included, without instructions. That is truly hard to find.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Good luck with those projects. Maybe lots of coffee would help?

Sandy said...

You are truly blessed!

Me said...

I can't crochet. I can barely knit. I can tat like nobodies business but try buying a tatting shuttle in this century.

I'm thinking of flying to Boston for Chanukah this year. Big Sister's husband celebrates big. The rest of the family are Unitarians or agnostics.

It's so early this year, though, that I'll have to get moving if we are going to do it.

Would really like to see Boston this time of year.

Why are my Jewish relatives in Boston and my Unitarian relatives in DC? Something is wrong there.

Had I married Dan instead of Franklin, I'd be in DC celebrating Chanukah every year.
Instead, I am in Tulsa celebrating Festivus.

Renee said...

Yay for hubby! And I hope you feel better soon. There is no way I could finish my projects by the first week, good luck to you.