Friday, November 9, 2007

Belonephobia

Sounds like a bunch of baloney, but I guess not, since J suffers from it.


He had a wart on his foot that defied gravity. The doc tried to remove it with a local, scaring the crap out of j and prompting extreme fear of both the doc and needles. Actually, I think its more like hatred of the doc.


Yesterday they had to sedate him to remove it. Which was a blast. Over confident nurse assures me that she will insert the IV, no problem. Yeah, you haven't met my son before right? When I say he is terrified, I mean it.


Nurse tries to approach with IV needle. J's blood pressure drops, heart beat rises to dangerous levels and he vomits.

See nurse, I told you!

Surprise, they decide to take him back and use inhalation gas priot to the iv. Great idea, until they get him in the back and tell him this. I am now waiting in the waiting area and hear the story later.

Once they told him the NEEDLE would be inserted after he falls asleep from the gas, J jumps off the table and says that he is going home now. One large male nurse and 2 smaller females wreste him back onto the table and hold him down for the gas. 1/2 of me is pissed, the other 1/2 is thinking thanks for getting this over with!

Wart was apparently ginormous. In need of its own zip code. J was scared enough that he was willing to give up his gymnastics team and just live with wart foot forever. Is there a wart colony lurking somewhere?


This is either the wart, or J on Halloween, I have forgotten.......






So much for those dreams of his as a career as a stunt man. I think that would require a needle or two on occasion.

3 comments:

Renee said...

The really bad part is it is VERY hard to get the whole wart. I certainly hope he won't have to do this again in a couple of years.

Unknown said...

I hope he is doing better today! Poor guy, I feel so bad for him having to go through all of that!

Sandy said...

Poor little guy.