Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I saw my future..............

and boy was it ugly. I am doomed to be one of little old ladies who stand in her window, spying on the neighborhood.

It all started last night. Someone was lighting off fireworkds and another neighbor was flying an RC airplane around them. I was already in my official old lady pj's and bathrobe, but wanted to go out front for a better look.

Suddenly, I notice 2 guys on someone's porch. Now, this would normally be no big deal, but these guys do not live at this house and they had several of the homeowner's plants upturned and out of their pots. So I go charging over asking them what they are doing?

The response was not kind and contained words I cannot print here, including the demand to mind my own business or they will kick my @##. Hubby can here this, in our house, with the tv on. He comes charging out, while dialing 911.

The police want to know why I did not just call them instead of confronting them. Uh, I don't know????

Turns out they were friends of the guy who lives there, old military buddies. (I say old but none of the people living there or trashing there are over 30.) They were apparently arranging a "suprise", involving firecrackers etc. for their "friend."

I think one of them went away with the nice troopers...............I also don't think my neighbors like me very much anymore.

My hubby isn't very thrilled with me either.

4 comments:

Christine said...

ROTFL! ONLY you.

Renee said...

LMAO - Now I have an idea for a "fun gag" to play on my special neighbor.

Sandy said...

What if they had been bad guys and were looking for a spare key to get into the house and rob it. You were only doing what you thought was right.

Christine said...

Tag, you're it! Stop by my place to join the game.