Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hold tight to your kids.

Foreclosed houses are the bane of my existance.

There is one 2 doors down from me. Yesterday we lost a little, precious, 5 year old girl to that pool.

Who is at fault? We, the neighbors who knew it was a hazard and did nothing? The original owners who were angry and did not close the pool cover properly? The bank who took back the house 6 months ago and have never even come to look at the property?

I was there when she was found. I will remember Sheyenne for the rest of my days. May the memory make me scream a little less, hug a little harder, and remember that there is always time to be silly.

And that sometimes, you just gotta smoke.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

How terribly sad. I will say a prayer for the family.

Renee said...

Oh, no. That is horrible. Poor baby.

Christine said...

OMG! That was only two doors from your house?!