Sunday, October 19, 2008

My darned internal clock!

Most mornings it is a huge struggle for me to get up at a decent time. This is so I can have the schoolwork ready, drag the kid's up, get ready for whatever gajillion errands need run, etc.

Today, Sunday, blissful Sunday. Nothing to do, no where to go until this afternoon. A perfect day to sleep in. No arguing the kids out of bed, no homework to ready.

Nope, not to be. For some reason I come leaping up at 7. Have coffee, shower, start a load of laundry..............all this before 8. Then surprise #2. 2 of the 3 kids are up, bathed, fed and dressed by 8:45. A feat that usually occures only with herculean effort on my part. And they did it on their own!

Some things are normal though, making me realize that we have not, in fact, been transported to an alternate universe. S is still asleep................whew.

No comments: